Note: Makes one 8 or 9 inch round layer cake. For a double layer cake, double the recipe.
- 1 ½ cups (202.5 grams) I used Robin Hook Gluten Free flour
- 1 cup minus 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mild flavored vegetable oil ( I used olive oil)
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk of choice
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Oil one 8 or 9-inch round cake pan or line 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Don’t skip this step.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients, reserving milk.
- Slowly pour dry mix into the liquids and begin to stir, adding the milk while stirring to keep the flour from flying up and out of the bowl while mixing.
- Continue to beat at medium speed just until the lumps are gone and the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Allow to rest in the pan before baking for 15 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes for the cake and 20-25 minutes for the cupcakes. Test with a toothpick before removing from the oven. When done, the toothpick should come out clean (not wet),
- Gently remove to cool on a wire rack.
Ice with Vanilla Buttercream icing or icing of your choice.
** We serve gluten free baked goods on the day they are baked. With this recipe even the gluten-free naysayers ate every crumb; many ate seconds.
Are We The Right Clinic For You?
Have some questions before you sign up for your first appointment? Schedule a FREE 15-Minute Telephone Consult with one of our practitioners.
Our clinic newsletter comes out once a month. It's how we share FREE resources from our staff to help you invest in your well being at home. If you don't like it, you can always unsubscribe in a click.