Note: Makes one 8 or 9 inch round layer cake. For a double layer cake, double the recipe.
- 1 ½ cups (202.5 grams) I used Robin Hook Gluten Free flour
- 1 cup minus 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mild flavored vegetable oil ( I used olive oil)
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk of choice
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Oil one 8 or 9-inch round cake pan or line 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Don’t skip this step.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients, reserving milk.
- Slowly pour dry mix into the liquids and begin to stir, adding the milk while stirring to keep the flour from flying up and out of the bowl while mixing.
- Continue to beat at medium speed just until the lumps are gone and the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Allow to rest in the pan before baking for 15 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes for the cake and 20-25 minutes for the cupcakes. Test with a toothpick before removing from the oven. When done, the toothpick should come out clean (not wet),
- Gently remove to cool on a wire rack.
Ice with Vanilla Buttercream icing or icing of your choice.
** We serve gluten free baked goods on the day they are baked. With this recipe even the gluten-free naysayers ate every crumb; many ate seconds.
Are We The Right Clinic For You?
Have some questions before you sign up for your first appointment? Schedule a FREE 15-Minute Telephone Consult with one of our practitioners.
Our clinic newsletter comes out twice monthly. It's how we share FREE resources from our staff to help you invest in your well being at home. If you don't like it, you can always unsubscribe in a click.