BioFlex low intensity laser therapy is an electrical modality, useful in the treatment of many pain, injury and surgery conditions. Although it is sometimes used as a stand-alone therapy, it also enhances a more comprehensive treatment program, such as physiotherapy.
We use laser therapy for the following reasons
- It accelerates healing, commonly reported to be 40% faster than natural healing
- To reduce the redness, swelling, tenderness and pain of inflammation
- It reduces the requirement for pain medication and NSAIDs,
- Improves the quality, strength and extensibility of scar tissue
- It improves joint mobility and function,
- Laser therapy is non-invasive and non-toxic
- It is safe, with few contra-indications
Laser (L.A.S.E.R) is an acronym which stands for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation”. It is in common use across many applications, including: laser pointers, laser skin care, laser eye surgery, laser printing, etc. The differences between these applications relate to the energy wavelengths and dosage.
Within a health context, low intensity laser goes by many names including photobiomodulation, cold laser and low level laser; within the clinic we just call it ‘laser’ or bioflex laser. We use the BioFlex name because it identifies the laser as belonging to the laser elite, as far as tissue healing is concerned. These laser elite companies produce machines with comparable energy output and an ability to modulate dosage. When doing independent research, the studies reporting on the effectiveness of laser are difficult to interpret because all types of machines get lumped together. To truly understand what is being reported, one must understand the wavelength and dosage parameters.
We recommend including laser in your treatment plan in the following circumstances
- Recent injury, including sports and motor vehicle trauma
- Whiplash related disorders, especially with mild to moderate concussion
- Chronic injury, the result of poorly healed or recurring old injury
- Arthritis, particularly osteo-arthritis and degenerative joint conditions
- Degenerative disc disease, in cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Degenerative disc disease plus nerve root irritation, e.g sciatica
- Post joint replacement surgeries that heal more slowly than expected
- Post any surgery, and wounds that are slow to heal
- All pain presentations with signs of nerve irritation, inflammation and injury
- There are many other inflammatory conditions that respond well to laser, such as sinusitis and gout
Including laser in your treatment plan is always optional. But our staff will recommend including it in your treatment plan whenever we know research, or our experience, supports its inclusion. To not mention the benefits would be a disservice to best care.
BioFlex Laser Charges
There are two ways that you can include laser in your treatment plan. It can either be a stand alone naturotherapy treatment, which can be billed through Naturotherapy Insurance, or it can be billed through Physiotherapy Insurance in conjunction with a physio treatment or assessment.
Treatment times for BioFlex Laser Therapy vary, which depends largely on the size of the area or extent of tissue damage that requires treatment. After your assessment, one of our trained therapists will indicate your requirement for laser time.
Standard Laser Treatment $65 +tax
Classic Laser Treatment $85 +tax
*Assessment required prior to attending Laser treatment. Payment options available.
Standard Laser Package $480 +tax
Classic Laser Package $600 +tax
Read More About the Laser Advantage Here
Check out our fantastic articles. You’ll learn simple strategies that will give you relief and help you build a healthy body and mind.